- Full payment is required at the time of registration, places will not be held without payment.
- Guest instructors and pottery instructors may cancel classes due to low enrollment. These classes will be indicated in the class brochure. In case of cancellation students will be notified and reimbursed via check.
- Walk-ins are not allowed at any class requiring pre-registration. Any specific registration cut-offs will be listed in the brochure.
- Descriptions and content of classes are subject to change by the Roti Roti Art Center as needed.
- Students may register during regular Roti Roti Art Center hours by phone with card or in person with cash, check, or card. Mailing a registration is highly discouraged.
- No refunds will be issued after the first day of class excepting emergency cancellations by the instructor. Make up days will be offered if class is canceled due to weather, dependent on schedule availability.
- Materials lists should be obtained at registration and may be viewed prior to registration at the desk at Roti Roti Art Center.
- Registration for a class acts as acknowledgement of a release of liability on the part of the Roti Roti Art Center.
- Photos or recordings may be taken of students, regardless of age, while at the Roti Roti Art Center for use in print or online promotional materials. The Roti Roti Art Center cares about the safety and privacy of our patrons. Please let us know if you would like to opt out for any reason, no questions asked.
How often are classes offered?
There are four sessions of classes each year. The line-up is different each session so let us know if you are looking for a particular class! Session One runs January – Mid-March, Session Two Mid-March to May, Session Three June- August, and Session Four September-December.
What types of payments do you accept?
At the art center itself we accept cash, check, and all major credit cards. Online transactions require a credit card. Gift cards and e-gift certificates are available as well.
How do I register for a class?
You may register in person, over the phone or online! Mailing registrations is highly discouraged as the class may be filled by the time it gets to us. Payment must be made to secure registration. Places cannot be held without payment.
Do I have to fill out a registration form every time?
Short answer: yes. Not only do these forms help us contact you in case of emergency, they also help us know what classes are popular and who our students are. They also contain liability and photo release information. Online registration is handled a bit differently – we ask for patience as we learn the ins and outs of online registration! – and it is possible to create a customer profile that will take the place of the paper registration form.
Can I observe a class?
Occasionally observing a class is possible with prior permission from the instructor. Please talk to our Director if you would like to observe. Guardians are welcome to stay at the center during their children’s class, however we kindly ask they avoid distracting students during instruction. (excepting classes where parental involvement is encouraged or required.) The green chairs throughout the building are awfully comfortable, the library provides great work space, and did I mention we have wifi? Some classes build in opportunities for parents to see in-progress projects or include guardian involvement.
Does the BAC offer open studio?
Anyone in the community is welcome to the Roti Roti Art Center during open hours to browse our art library, sketch, or paint in our sculpture garden, galleries, or classroom if not in use. Please check with the volunteer for the day’s schedule. Mediums that require extensive equipment or set up are not allowed at this time. Students may not work in the pottery studio without an instructor or facilitator present.
What if the weather is awful?
If Buchanan Area Schools close for weather or road conditions the Roti Roti Art Center will close as well. We will announce any such closure on our facebook page as well as contacting students registered for any classes that day. It is important to give us the best way to contact you for this reason. We also suggest putting our phone number in your phone ahead of time so you recognize the call – 269-697-4005 – or you can call ahead to confirm if we are open. We ask that you use your best judgement when deciding to come to class in bad weather. Our student’s safety is important to us!
What is your cancellation policy?
Sometimes, we must cancel a class due to instructor illness, weather or other emergency. Every effort will be made to notify effected students. If a reschedule is not possible the registration fee may be applied to another class within a reasonable time frame. Students registrations are non-refundable. If there are extenuating circumstances please contact our Director. A minimum number of students is required for each to run, the number required being clearly stated in each class listing.