- Full payment is required at the time of registration, places will not be held without payment.
- Guest instructors and staff instructors may cancel classes due to low enrollment. These classes will be indicated in the class brochure. In case of cancellation students will be notified and reimbursed via check.
- Walk-ins are not allowed at any class requiring pre-registration. Any specific registration cut-offs will be listed in the brochure.
- Descriptions and content of classes are subject to change by the Roti Roti Art Center as needed.
- Students may register during regular Roti Roti Art Center hours by phone with card or in person with cash, check, or card. Mailing a registration is highly discouraged.
- No refunds will be issued after the first day of class except for emergency cancellations by the instructor. Make up days will be offered if class is canceled due to weather, dependent on schedule availability.
- Materials lists will be provided by Instructor.
- Registration for a class serves as acknowledgement of a release of liability on the part of the Roti Roti Art Center.
- Photos or recordings may be taken of students, regardless of age, while at the Roti Roti Art Center for use in print or online promotional materials. The Roti Roti Art Center cares about the safety and privacy of our patrons. Please let us know if you would like to opt out for any reason, no questions asked.
How often are classes offered?
There are four semesters of classes each year. The line-up varies each semester so let us know if you are looking for a particular class! Session One: January – Mid-March, Session Two; Mid-March – May; Session Three: June- August; and Session Four: September-December.
What types of payments do we accept?
We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards in-person or via phone. Online transactions require credit card payment. Gift cards and e-gift certificates are available as well.
How do I register for a class?
Register online to secure your spot! Credit card payments are required for online registration. If paying with cash, check or gift card, register in-person or via phone 269-697-4005. Mailing registrations is highly discouraged as the class may be filled by the time payment reaches us.
Do I have to fill out a registration form every time?
Short answer: yes. Not only do these forms help us contact you in case of emergency, they also help us know what classes are popular and who our students are. They also contain liability and photo release information.
Can I observe a class?
Occasionally observing a class is possible with prior permission from the instructor. Please talk to our Director if you would like to observe. Guardians are welcome to stay at the center during their children’s class, however we kindly ask that they avoid distracting students during instruction. (excepting classes where parental involvement is encouraged or required.) The green chairs throughout the building are awfully comfortable, the library provides great work space, and wifi is available. Some classes build in opportunities for parents to see in-progress projects or include guardian involvement.
Does the RRAC offer open studio?
Open Studio sessions are tied to specific classes. Visitors are welcome to browse our art library, sketch, or paint in our sculpture garden, galleries, or classroom if not in use. Please check with the volunteer for the day’s schedule. Mediums that require extensive equipment or set up are not allowed at this time. Students may not work in the studios without an instructor or facilitator present.
What if the weather is awful?
If Buchanan Area Schools close for weather or road conditions the Roti Roti Art Center will close as well. We will announce any such closure on our Facebook page as well as contacting students registered for any classes that day. It is important to give us the best way to contact you for this reason. We also suggest putting our phone number in your phone ahead of time so you recognize the call – 269-697-4005 – or you can call ahead to confirm if we are open. We ask that you use your best judgement when deciding to come to class in bad weather. Our students’ safety is important to us!
What is your cancellation policy?
Sometimes, we must cancel a class due to instructor illness, weather or other emergency. Every effort will be made to notify students. If rescheduling is not possible the registration fee may be applied to another class within a reasonable time frame. Students’ registrations are non-refundable. If there are extenuating circumstances, please contact our Director. A minimum number of students is required for each to run, the number required being clearly stated in each class listing.